Lots of action today!
- Today was a great day. Busy for a lot of people around me, but really good.
- I don’t think I’ll ever get used to my alarm going off at 5:00 am. It’s always worth it for me, though, since I get to spend a few hours of uninterrupted time studying Scripture.
- Preached through the entire chapter of Revelation 21 this morning. It’s been a long time since I’ve covered that big of a chunk of text. Was it too much?
- Had some great positive feedback after worship. I hope the impact of my message lasts longer than the 10 minutes following the service.
- As usual, I had to cut some stuff out. One of the things I wanted to dive into more was the statement “It is done” in Revelation 21:6. It parallels so much with the last words of Jesus on the cross, “It is finished.” I wish I had more time to dive into that parallel and the similarities and differences between the finished work on the cross and the ultimate finished work at the resurrection. Cool things to think about.
- I talked a little about Joseph Kittinger’s space jump. You can read more about his crazy story here.
- Didn’t mean to, but I got an almost two hour nap this afternoon on the couch holding Lilyana. Woke up 15 minutes before Connection Group, so I ended being a little late (sorry everybody).
- Gooey butter cake will change your life. I could get used to this dessert at Connection Group every week thing.
- The insights of my group always impress me. I’ve got a great bunch of people in my group.
- Will Warfel pulled one of these this morning. And then after service he pulled this. I think he’s Jon Acuff’s alter-ego.
- I bought the most expensive electric razor I’ve ever bought yesterday. I’m tired of dropping so much cash on razor blades. I hope I get a few years of use out of this one.
- I’m pumped about going to Catalyst Conference again this year. I’m even more pumped that Brea is going! Watch out Atalanta!
Alright, that’s it for this week. Sleep well everyone!
One thought on “Sunday Night Unfiltered”
Your sermon was great! And I can’t wait to go to Catalyst with you! It’s gonna be fun! Love you!