Before Brea and I had our first child, I was kind of worried about how having kids would change me. Three years later, I love every minute of it. Well, maybe I didn’t love getting puked on at Mimi’s Cafe or kissing puke on Lilyana’s face when I couldn’t see in the dark of the middle of the night, but I’ll take those few low moments in exchange for the absolute joy that these girls bring into my heart every day.
Here are just some of the things I’ve grown to love:
- Hearing Emory scream “DADDY!!!” when I walk in the door after work
- Lilyana’s uncontrollable laughter from just seeing me
- Reading to my girls and seeing the joy they have just being with
- Playground time and making sure I push Emory “higher”
- Lilyana reaching up her arms toward me
There are so many things I love about being a dad. If you’re a dad, what do you love about it?